Find Journeys of The Zoo on Google+ Journeys of The Zoo: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to the Rescue!

                                                                  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to the Rescue!


Remember how I challenged you to "Spot the Fake"?

Well, Artemis sure had you fooled because it turns out that her picture was actually on the right.

I know, a Picasso in the making.

However, as the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end" by the way, who said that? so after several months, it was time to say goodbye.



The only problem... it wouldn't come off.

I tried a j-cloth and water. Absolutely no difference.

Next up, a scrup brush with soap. It made a difference by lightening the paint in several areas. Note that I am not ruling out the fact that my walls may also just be dirty.

My final plan was to admit defeat and sell the house as is, hang a mirror over it or just close the closet doors.

I closed the doors.

Then, my BFF mentioned that Magic Eraser was the solution to all my masterpiece whoe's. Low and behold, I recently received one in a Sample Source package!

Mr Clean Magic Eraser When I took it out of the basic cardboard box packaging, it looked like a regular sponge except it wasn't really soft or hard. I looked for instructions but there weren't any.

While this may sound funny, I'm big on instructions. I even need to reference them when making Kraft Dinner. Every.single.time so they would have been useful.

It did say "Just Add Water" so maybe that was the instructions.

My frugal nature made me cut it in half and I'm glad I did. Because once I added the water and started cleaning, it began to disintegrate. Speaking of water, I didn’t know how much to add so I just added a bit. The sponge got dense where the water was yet it couldn’t be wrung out.

Magic Eraser Collage

Magic.

I was fortunate enough to have a wide variety of surfaces and areas to test it on. Natural wood, drywall, and stained wood. Crayons, pencil crayons and wipe off markers (ya right).

With each surface and product I went to, that big burly bald guy a.k.a. Mr. Clean got it every time.

It wasn't until I was all done, 20 minutes later that I realized it wasn't so much magic as it was chemicals. Seeing as I hadn't worn gloves, my hands were dry. I'd say an 8 out of 10. They weren't painful, just uncomfortable. I put on some cream and by the evening all was back to normal.

Next time, I'll use gloves.

Because, we all know that there will be a next time.

What Would You Use Magic Eraser On?

Share this with your Friends.

Journeys of The Zoo did not receive any compensation in exchange for writing about this product.

Journeys of The Zoo  Besos, The Zoo

12 comments:

  1. I use magic erasers on everything and anything possible.. works great in the bathroom with cleaning the tub. My daughter loves to draw and occasionally draws on the walls, the magic eraser takes the marks away but leaves a clean shiny spot and then I have to do all the walls so they look as clean..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My house would be a disaster, ok a bigger disaster, if we didn't have magic erasers. Those babies work on just about everything.

    Do you seriously read the directions a box of mac and cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say I'd use this for getting rid of the dust on that old lamp of mine! http://petsawarenews.com/?p=388

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love magic eraser, although you have to have good paint and not use a lot of pressure. Take it from me, or you will be looking at drywall, and your hubby will be unimpressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thanks for linking up with my comment love! You can link up again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally LOVE the magic eraser! They truly are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Magic Erasers, but I'm too cheap to buy them. Thankfully my daughter is almost 11 and past the "making stains on walls" age.

    Hopefully.

    They were a lifesaver when she was younger though, and when cleaning rentals prior to handing the keys over. You have to be careful on painted surfaces though, as they WILL remove the paint.

    I've got some grungy door jambs I should take a Magic Eraser to...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like using the magic eraser in the bathroom on the tile and grout areas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mine didn't disintegrate...odd. It works wonders on my granite sink! gloves for extended use, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Magic Erase! It gets out greasy handprints from the wall and all sorts of things. We use 2-3 sponges a week....guess that makes my house sound pretty dirty, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always have Magic Erasers under the sink. This week I used one to help clean the inside of the car and the inside of the microwave. it is my go to whenever a regular cloth, soap and water won't do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a must have in our house. With 5 little ones running around you never know what can happen!

    ReplyDelete