Find Journeys of The Zoo on Google+ Journeys of The Zoo: First Outside Venture... Alone

                                                                  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

First Outside Venture... Alone

I have a confession to make, I don't get out much with the kids alone... at all... ever.

In fact, I get hives just thinking about taking the kids out alone. Not that they don't behave (because they do, especially for 16 month olds) it's that they're mobile and I can't be in two places at the same time. There are so many things that I'd rather do (root canal comes to mind).

The kids have been on playdates before (at our house and others) it's just that I've always had another adult to help me look after them.

Today, we (I) tried something different. We spent 1.5 hours at our local community early care facility... ALONE.

The kids were awestruck by all the other kids so they didn't try to; escape, cling to my leg and/or scream bloody murder. After a bit, Max got into the fun of things and played cars near some of the other kids. Artemis pulled an "Artemis" and stood with her back up against the wall, holding a measuring cup and watched everyone suspiciously... for 1.5 hours. She's just like her Daddy.

All in all, we had a great time and I think that we'll try it again soon...

Ed says that since I don't have any pictures, it didn't happen. You'll just have to trust me that it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment